An events company are looking for a creative Sous Chef with an eye for detail to manage the smooth running of all kitchens including staff, menus and nightly food service. To manage and work collaboratively with senior staff including Head Chef, Directors, General Manager, Bar Manager & creative collaborators to ensure that food experience continually improves, responding to feedback and achieving it all within the agreed budget.
Reports To Head Chef & Directors
Responsible For All kitchen staff
Budget Responsibilities: Food stock and staffing budget
Starting salary £30,000 per annum (paid pro-rata)
TRIAL PERIOD: 3 months
HOLIDAY: Statutory 28 days per year. These must be co-ordinated to be timed with overall business down time where possible. Bank Holidays must be requested off, as the business may remain open.
Working Hours: Variable hours but based on a minimum of 40 hours per week on site.
In collaboration with the Head Chef to assist development on an ongoing basis, of an innovative and exciting set menu which compliments the creative content of the multidimensional dining experience, set/bespoke menus for events to a minimum 4.5/5 customer rating for food experience
To assist the Head Chef in the management of the day to day running of all kitchens
Responsible for the maintaining and refining of current kitchen systems, including weekly reports, stock takes, etc.
Enabling the kitchen set-up and production of the food experience in any project and any other project to agreed budget
To oversee the timely service of a high quality 4-5 course dining experience using the multidimensional & classic format
To ensure all dietary preferences are catered for and alternatives of equal quality are served to all guests
• To work under the guidance of the Head Chef to recruit, train & retain a high performing kitchen team ensuring kitchens are fully staffed at all times
• To work under the guidance of the Head Chef to lead and manage the kitchen team on designated sites on a daily basis, communicating daily targets and taking responsibility for maintaining high standards of quality, health and hygiene.
• Foster an environment where improvements to the experience, processes and service are welcomed and encouraged.
• Conduct briefings and training to ensure that kitchen staff have all necessary knowledge and are able to deliver the menu to the standards required.
• Monitor, review and feedback on individuals’ performance to the Head Chef & where necessary, Directors, set and review objectives inline with the performance review and induction process.
• Develop team members according to their individual abilities with a mind to the current and future needs of the business.
Financial responsibility and planning
Maintain the smooth running of your designated kitchen within agreed budgets set at the beginning of the project and reviewed with the Head Chef & Directors where necessary
To anaylise daily/weekly/monthly food sales identifying opportunities for maximising revenue
Health and Safety
Retention of current EHO rating of 5/5 – relating to HACCP food handling practices, cleaning and stock management
Oversee food handling in your designated kitchen and ensure HACCP procedures are followed at all times
Take responsibility for monitoring and reporting any health and safety issues
Operate safe practices and provide guidance to staff to ensure that their safety and that of members of the public is protected.
Contribute to the formulation and review of risk assessments for all active projects
To support colleagues at peak times and to undertake any operational duty which might be reasonably required, to ensure customer expectations are met.
To undertake any other duties as requested by the Head Chef or Directors
If youre interested we would love to hear from you. Please send us your CV.
Consultant: Dan Arratoon