One of London's prominent private members clubs is looking for a Chef de Partie to join their large team of Chefs. The kitchen is made up of 54 Chefs in total, many of whom have Michelin star background, which means that it is a great place to learn as much as possible.
The Chef de Partie will be responsible for a section of the kitchen in a designated area. They would be required to produce menu items as required.
• To arrive on duty in accordance with the roster and the standards of appearance as laid out in the SOP Manual.
• Prepare food items required from your section to the required standards.
• Assist in the production of sauce and stocks.
• Maintain high levels of food safety.
• Train and develop the commis chef and trainees who work under your supervision.
• Keep a written record of recipes produced.
• Maintain high levels of personal hygiene and appearance.
• Trained to level two food hygiene certificate level.
• Demonstrate and maintain high levels of customer service with work colleagues, suppliers etc.
• Ensure Clubhouse rules and byelaws are adhered to at all times, e.g., dress regulation, mobile phone usage, etc.
• Ensure that any maintenance faults are reported to the relevant department following Company procedures.
• Be fully conversant with and comply with the rules of the Clubhouse Health & Safety Policy.
• Attend Fire and Health & Safety Training as specified by the Clubhouse Management.
• To carry out any other duties as may be appropriate to the grade and scope of the post.
The Chef de Partie will have either a catering qualification or solid experience in a high end restaurant/hotel.
Hours: 5 days out of 7, on a rota basis.
Salary: £26,600, Overtime is a set hourly rate, which is paid after 40 hours of work
Holidays: 4 weeks