(40360) Chef Manager Job - Country House - Farm Shop & Events
One of Greycoat Lumleys's regular clients is looking to recruit a permanent member of staff to join them in the family business. The job will be a Chef Manager position and will oversee the day to day running of the site.
The site is made up of a farm shop, a curing unit, event space for dinner parties and larger private parties, as well as a small cafe attached to the farm shop.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
• Day to day management of the farm shop
• Overseeing the curing kitchen unit
• Running the logistics of selling the produce to wholesalers
• Ensuring food security across the sites i.e. attending to all food safety and health and hygiene issues
• Liaising with the agency to get in extra events staff when required
• Responsible for financials of the farm shop and the catering arm
• Producing menus including small plates, salads and chateau serving boards for the small café unit.
The right candidate will be a massive foodie, and will have a passion for raw ingredients and the production of the food. They want someone who really understands food and will be excited about it from the start. A real independent self-starter with experience in a similar venue.
They will have a good palate and just understand the importance of good quality and fresh, seasonal ingredients. The Manager will be a trained Chef as this is a hands on cooking role as well as managing the site.
They should be well presented, proactive and friendly. They will need to take on the responsibility and run with it.
Accommodation: A cottage on the site can be provided
Salary: Discussed at interview
Start: they are looking for someone ASAP, but are flexible to wait for the right person
Responsible Consultant: Nicky Blamire