A co-educational school in Wiltshire who offer year round boarding to young international students aged 7-17years old for entry to the best UK boarding schools are looking for a new Head of Boarding. The school are looking for a committed, enthusiastic and versatile candidate with a passion for education in its broadest sense to lead our boarding team from August/Sept 2018. The post would suit candidates with previous experience in a similar role, with a proven record of pastoral care.
• Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students & ensuring the health & safety of students and staff.
• Being the Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
• Supervising and ensuring the smooth running of day to day boarding and pastoral routines
• Administrative duties associated with pastoral and boarding care
• Facilitating and encouraging a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to fulfil their individual potential
• Monitoring and supporting the overall progress and development of students
• Overseeing the extra-curricular activities programme and sports programme
• Leading excursions and organising weekend activities
Requirements of candidate
Accommodation and all meals are provided during term time.
This role could suit either a single person or a couple.
Candidates who can also offer experience or expertise in the areas of sport, art, music or drama are particularly welcome to apply.
The candidate must hold a full UK driving licence.
Hours: c. 50 hours per week, 2 days off per week
Remuneration: Commensurate with experience, 10 weeks holiday.
Closing Date: Wednesday 4th July; Interviews: Mon/Tues/Wed 9th, 10th, 11th July.
All placements are subject to enhanced DBS clearance.
Responsible consultant Laura Sandels