Prestigious, London-based event catering company based in North London is looking for PART-TIME Kitchen Administrator.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has a previous experience as a Chef or previously worked in kitchen environment and wants career change.
Company caters primarily in central London but sometimes abroad to high-end fashion and luxury brands (clients include Chanel, Dior, Prada, Hermes, Bulgari, Selfridges to name but a few) as well as private parties.
Events range in size goes from small lunches and press days to sit-down dinners for 600 and receptions/parties for up to 2000 guests. Events take place predominantly in central London on weekday evenings, some weekends and occasionally take abroad.
At the company’s North London HQ they have a recently refurbished 3,000 square foot preparation kitchen from which design, price, prepare and send out the catering element of our events.
Kitchen administrator duties include;
• Full end to end management of updating our online pricing system for our food/produce costs
• General kitchen administration support, liaising with other departments
• Daily liaison with our food/ suppliers to understand updated prices/ check them
Ideal candidate will have;
• Extensive knowledge of food and catering kitchens and menues
• Be highly organised
• Have excellent computer skills including Microsoft office, particularly excel
• Be a good communicator and work well in a team
• Have a helpful, flexible and pro-active attitude
• Have an interest in food and events at the highest level
• Live within half an hour travel for chosen work hours
Job details include;
• Part-time i.e. approximately 20 hours a week with flexible hours an option
• Salary offered based on experience but between £24k and £30k pro-rata
• Core office hours are 9am-6pm do possible 9.30am – 2.00pm or 10.00am – 2.30pm
• Travel contribution paid , of pocket expenses and relevant meals dependant on hours worked
Location: North London
Hours: 5 days out of 7 - TBC
Responsible Consultant: Darren Lewis