Live In Housekeeper Job Nr Perth Scotland
Greycoat Lumley’s client require a Full Time Live In Housekeeper for a large historic house on a small private estate outside Perth in Scotland. The family have three children living away from home who return in the holiday periods. The household is very busy as the family are involved in several business ventures and therefore there are a number of visitors to the property. There can be quieter times to catchup up on deep cleans etc. The property is over four floors so there is a lot of walking up and down the stairs on a daily basis.
While the housekeeper will be working on their own in the house, the successful applicant will be part of a team of 6 working in the various areas on the estate and alongside a large number of property and event contractors who come and go from the estate. The team are hard-working but also have a lots of fun. The Housekeeper will need to be someone who works hard and with a good sense of humour.
The Housekeeper has a vital role and is responsible for the smooth running of the household which allows the Principals to focus on their businesses. They must be able to work independently, use their initiative and have a pride in their work.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• General daily tidying, cleaning and laundry
• Preparation of guest bedrooms and bathrooms
• Cooking – preparing lunch and dinners on occasion
• Deep cleaning the property – including carpets, floors, woodwork, polishing etc.
• Feeding and walking the dogs
• Monitoring contract cleaning, linen and turnaround of two holiday cottages
• Possibility of some assisting with the client’s business
• House and animal sitting in the Principal’s absence
A clean and full driving licence is required for this role
Accommodation: Large 2 bedroom flat + wifi and all bills except phone
Free logs + tickets to local Art Club
Job Number: 46120
Days: Monday to Friday
Start: November 2017
Consultant: Lesley Jones