Live-In Spanish-Speaking Nanny job
A New York-based family is looking for a native Spanish-speaking live-in nanny to join their household. The family has two children (ages four and seven months).
The nanny will live-in starting on Monday morning to Friday afternoon/evening.
Flexibility around this schedule to work weekends every few weeks, for family vacations, or during summer is required. A private suite with a bedroom, en-suite bathroom, a separate sitting room and a dining/staff area is provided. Weekends and summers are generally spent in Long Island, where the nanny also has his/her own private bedroom and bathroom.
essori educational philosophy.
The family believes in an atmosphere of joy, while at the same time maintaining
compassionate and consistent discipline. (Children go to sleep on time, are given
chores, and manners are essential and required.)
The nanny is responsible for all aspects of child care, including, but not limited to:
● Ensure children maintain excellent fluency in Spanish; assist with reading and
writing the language once children are old enough
● Proactively provide the children with age-appropriate, developmentally
stimulating, creative games/outings/activities
● Prepare healthy meals for the children, oversee weekly menus in conjunction
with the parents
● Tidy and organize the children’s rooms and belongings (there is a full-time
housekeeper in the household but the nanny must oversee the upkeep)
● Maintain inventory and check lists pertaining to the children
● Purchase (online and otherwise) children’s clothing and household supplies
(toiletries, diapers, wipes, etc.)
● Organize and pack for vacations
● Assist the parents with any child-related and/or household errands as needed
● Assist with the scheduling of children’s classes and other activities
● Accompany the children to school and afterschool activities/playdates as needed
● Safely drive the children to activities while on Long Island
● Listen to baby monitor at night as needed
● Occasionally stay with the children at home while parents are traveling
● Adhere to strict standards of household organization
● Attend professional development lectures and courses (paid for by employer)
● Highly educated, native Spanish speaker (college degree a plus)
● Strong command of English (must be able to clearly communicate verbally and
via text/email, follow recipes, read parenting books, place online orders, navigate
the city, etc.)
● US Passport or Green Card holder who is willing to travel
● Safe and confident driver with a clean driver’s license
● Able to swim (pool and ocean)
● Passionate about children-rearing
● Energetic, sporty, and enjoys spending time outdoors
● Physically capable of lifting 35 lbs.
● Able to cook nutritious meals for the children and adhere to strict standards of
quality ingredient sourcing
● Cheerful, professional work ethic
● Extremely efficient, organized and tidy
● Strong time management skills
● Capable of working seamlessly and respectfully with other household staff
● Willingness to work in a pet-friendly home
Generous salary commensurate with experience and education level. Health benefits provided. The nanny will receive 16 days of paid time off. Paid time off does not roll over into the following calendar year. Vacation days must be approved in advance when possible and should ideally be taken at a time of minimal disruption for the household.
All candidates will be subject to a background check, a credit check, and are expected to maintain strict confidentiality at all times. A confidentiality and arbitration agreement must be signed upon the start of the trial employment period. Please note that this is an at-will position and either party can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without notice.
Consultant - Nadine Swartz Greycoat Lumleys job reference 50322