School Nurse, Hamsphire, Start ASAP
A fantastic prep school is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, confident and caring person to join our
nursing service, on a term time only contract.
To apply for this position the candidate will need to hold a current registered nurse
qualification with NMC pin number, have at least 2 years post registration experience and
the ability to work autonomously. Good organisational and prioritising skills are a must,
as are sensitive but strong communication skills and robust record keeping.
Job description and Duties
The post is for 36 hours a week, Monday to Friday, for 34 weeks of the school calendar year. Some
on-call telephone triage may be required.
The role will be diverse, including administrative duties, emergency care/first aid and
managing minor illness for any adult or child on site. The role will involve working some
evenings with the boarding team, ensuring a high standard of care for our boarding pupils.
You will work closely within our supportive nursing team, and will play an important role in
the school’s pastoral care team. Previous experience in Practice Nursing or A&E would be
desirable but is not essential.
• Registered Nurse (RGN) with valid NMC PIN
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Clear empathy and understanding of boys’ and girls’ development and needs
• A flexible approach to working hours
• Full current UK driving licence and use of a car
• Clinical track record spent in A&E or as a Practice Nurse
• Experience in paediatrics or working with children or a Specialist Practitioner School
• Experience of sports injury care and treatment
• First Aid at Work/First Aid Instructor Certificate
• Experienced in an educational/institutional environment
The duties of the School Nurse include (but are not limited to):-
• Co-ordinating the operations of the Medical Centre
• Attending/assisting during GP surgeries
• Attending to pupils who take ill during the School day and during the evening
• Registering all new boarders with the local surgery
• Willing to work some evening shifts until 2030 in the boarding house
Job number: 45828
Consultant: Kaisha Hastu