A long standing client of Greycoat Lumleys is looking for an Assistant Chef to join their Head Chef in the busy day to day running of the Studios. This is a full-on, fast-paced role, but with the advantage of working with a great kitchen gang and fun team at the studios. The Assistant Chef must be able to support the Head Chef every day and ensure that the kitchen runs smoothly and is able to produce the volume and quality of food that is required. In addition to supporting the Head Chef, the role is to aid with preparation and serving of meals as requested by the clients, the maintenance and ordering of stock to facilitate the provision of the meals in a safe and hygienic manner and the management of additional agency staff, as required. The Assistant Chef will also have to stand in for the Head Chef in absence such as holiday or illness, and cover at different sites where required.
- To assist Chef in planning of menus
- To receive and check produce against delivery notes and report any shortages variations
- Standing in for Chef in case of absence.
- Covering Rotas and absences at other sites
- The safe and attractive preparation of meals for stages
- Working within and to the time schedules required by stages
- Being aware of health and safety requirements in the storage and safe preparation of food
- Keeping the kitchen and equipment in a clean and tidy condition so as to present a professional aspect to clients and to comply with hygiene and health and safety requirements
- To supervise additional staff as required by Head chef
- To present themselves in a clean and presentable manner and to deal with clients in a polite and friendly manner
Salary: On application
Responsible Consultant: Diana (email@example.com)