Live Out Assistant Gardener Job, Oxfordshire
We have two fantastic positions available for assistant gardeners on a beautiful estate on Oxfordshire.
- A broad knowledge of garden, glasshouse and landscape maintenance, ideally gleaned on a private estate, historic or botanic garden setting
- Ability to work at speed while delivering consistently high-quality horticulture and finish/presentation
- Ideally a minimum of a level 3 horticultural qualification (NDH / RHS l3 / HNC) (Flexibility for the right candidate)
- A minimum of 2- 3 years hands-on experience as a full-time gardener
- A PA1 and PA6a Pesticides Application qualification
- Demonstrable horticultural skills and the ability to work alone or with small teams
- Capacity to communicate clearly in both written and oral forms
- Broader experience of property and/or estate management would be desirable
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Work under the direction of the Head Gardener in relation to all works carried out on the site.
- Maintain a high standard of horticulture through the application of specialist horticultural skills in order to sustain and develop a world-class garden.
- Carry out seasonal gardening duties across the site including but not limited to the walled garden, glasshouse, village area and wider landscape.
- Undertake horticultural tasks including but not limited to: grass cutting, edging, pruning, dead heading, training, weeding, planting, glasshouse maintenance, propagation, hedge cutting, hard landscape maintenance, composting, staking, applying pesticides, producing and harvesting crops/plants/cut flowers for use in the main house along with any tasks required by the family office and/or the Landscape Consultant.
- Comply with all current Health and Safety legislation, in collaboration with the Landscape Consultant.
- Undertake work related to development projects in the garden and wider landscape.
- When and if called upon to do so, supervise contract workers, taking special note of any health, safety and welfare needs including the preparation of risk assessments or method statements prior to any work commencing.
- Prepared to work at height.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Working Week: 5 days a week
Salary: £18,000 - £25,000 GPA Can be flexible on salary for the right candidates
Responsible consultant: Nicola Forster
Job reference number: 87354