The House Parent is a key member of the boarding team, supporting the delivery of pastoral care to the School’s boarders. The role requires an approachable, positive and warm person who is available to all boarders without discrimination or favouritism and who can work well with a range of colleagues. Working as part of a team of residential staff, the post holder will be responsible for assisting in the managing of one of the nine Boarding Houses. As a truly full boarding school, this school prides itself on the lifelong relationships and friendships forged within the boarding Houses. Pupils are afforded the opportunities to develop ambitions, resilience, tolerance and community living in a House supported by House staff who recognize and celebrate achievement.
The many benefits of working at this school are:
- Competitive salary;
- Contributory Pension Scheme – to include life cover while remaining within the scheme;
- Statutory Sick Pay entitlement - conditional on meeting the demands of the scheme;
- Free car parking;
- Opportunity to see School productions;
- Staff events and family fun days!
- Use of the School’s vast facilities (outside the School timetabling) including the indoor swimming pool, tennis and squash courts, and the incredible state of the art Sports Center
- Being a House Parent in one of the 9 houses on campus.
- Running a house of boys looking 11-18 year olds.
- Working either five or six days a week, with one or two 24 hour periods off.
- Waking the children and taking them to breakfast, and then checking them in to registration.
- Ensuring the cleaners know their tasks for their day.
- Overseeing the cleanliness of the house you are responsible for and ensuring that communal areas are tidy, and that tasks such as laundry are done.
- Helping the children with homework in the evening.
- Dispensing medication, where required, but with the specific instruction of the on-duty School Nurses.
- Carrying out lights out and room checks.
- Generally being an ear to your pupils and a shoulder to cry on.
- Being there for the pupils and getting to know them. .
- Enjoy working with children and have previous experience in doing so.
- Want to get involved within school life and immerse yourself with a learning environment.
- Take an interest in your pupils and what they enjoy.
- Will spend time with your students and help them with what they need, attend their games and their performances.
- Work well within a team.
- Feel confident at managing others and setting tasks for team members to do.
- Have a flexible and adaptable attitude to work.
- Are able to get stuck into a role and will always give it your all.
- Are passionate about making a difference in children's lives.
The three main characteristics that our client is looking for are Empathy, Resilience and Personality. If you feel this is you, then let's put you forward!
If this is something you are interested in or perhaps haven't thought of schools before, please do get in touch and have a chat! We are always looking for fantastic applicants to join the team.
- £22,788 (for 6 days per week)
Accommodation: 1 bedroom flat provided within the house
Start: January 2022
Responsible Consultant: Kelly - email@example.com