Live In Role
A mixed boarding school set in a beautiful town in the rolling hills of Somerset, is looking for a couple of Assistant House Parents to join their team from September. You would be based in a mixed house of around 90 pupils and would be supported by the House Parent and Boarding House Tutors. This role would be starting in September, and would suit someone with either prior pastoral care experience or someone with passion for working with children.
- Working with one other Assistant House Parent to support the students in a mixed house of 90 pupils.
- Working with students from Year 10 to Year 13.
- Doing wake ups when on duty, and then working the evenings when required.
- Managing the running of the house and ensuring that all areas run smoothly.
- Being the go to for the parents in regards to their children.
- Organising days out, boarding trips and attending your students' concerts and matches.
- Managing the travel plans for the boarders and ensuring organisation of that.
- Ability (and desire) to undertake some History or Math teaching in addition to boarding duties would be a huge bonus. This would be subject to a separate contract and remuneration.
- Have an excellent understanding of Boarding National Minimum Standards.
- Ability to work as part of a cohesive team
- Highly developed interpersonal skills including influencing skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work and communicate with young people
- Ability to work in a way that promotes the safety and wellbeing of children and young people
- Effective and efficient time management skills including the ability to prioritise and manage a range of tasks simultaneously
- Value the contribution that each child brings to the school community
- Respect and value diversity and promote equality
- Love working with children and are able to guide and mentor them.
- Love the countryside and would relish a role in Somerset.
Accommodation: Rent free accommodation provided throughout the year
Salary - £17,000 GPA with the option to top up with an additional School teaching or teaching assistant role
Hours: Three evenings per week (from 3.40 to 11.00 pm) and one full day each weekend (8.00 am to 11.00 pm), other than exeats.
Responsible Consultant: Kelly B