Our client is a co-education state boarding school for pupils aged 11-18 based in the beautiful town of Bruton in Somerset, as a school they are ambitious for their students’ academic achievements and provide an inclusive, friendly environment producing confident young citizens. As a school they believe education is more than just grades; it is an awareness of the world, about independent thoughts and values.
They are looking to recruit a Assistant Houseparent who shares their values and is able to join their team from September 2022.
- Working with one other Assistant House Parent to support the students in a mixed house of 90 pupils.
- Working with students from Year 10 to Year 13.
- Doing wake ups when on duty, and then working the evenings when required.
- Managing the running of the house and ensuring that all areas run smoothly.
- Being the go to for the parents in regards to their children.
- Organising days out, boarding trips and attending your students' concerts and matches.
- Managing the travel plans for the boarders and ensuring organisation of that.
- Ability (and desire) to undertake some History or Math teaching in addition to boarding duties would be a huge bonus. This would be subject to a separate contract and remuneration.
- Have an excellent understanding of Boarding National Minimum Standards.
- Ability to work as part of a cohesive team
- Highly developed interpersonal skills including influencing skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work and communicate with young people
- Ability to work in a way that promotes the safety and wellbeing of children and young people
- Effective and efficient time management skills including the ability to prioritise and manage a range of tasks simultaneously
- Value the contribution that each child brings to the school community
- Respect and value diversity and promote equality
- Love working with children and are able to guide and mentor them.
- Love the countryside and would relish a role in Somerset.
Accommodation: Rent free accommodation provided throughout the year, free breakfast and evening meals are available in the school dining room for the post-holder and their immediate family during term time except exeats.
Salary - £17,000GPA (with the ability to top up with a teaching role)
Hours: Three evenings per week (from 3.40 to 11.00 pm) and one full day each weekend (8.00 am to 11.00 pm), other than exeats.
Responsible Consultant: Kelly B