A client of ours, a luxury hotel on the west coast of Scotland set in a gorgeous location is currently looking for an Assistant Manager/Deputy GM to join their established team. This hotel is very much on the luxury spectrum, being a member of Relais et Chateaux as well as having a dining room with 3 AA Rosettes. It's a small boutique style hotel with eleven bedrooms, which ensures that every guest has a personalised and warm interaction with the staff and hotel, with many returning year on year. This role is to start ASAP and accommodation is provided, which makes it a very appealing opportunity, particularly in this market.
- Assistant Manager/Deputy GM supporting the General Manager in the day to day running of the hotel and deputising for him in his absence.
- Taking on some of the GM responsibilities whilst the GM is focusing on some strategic projects.
- Working to a 5* standard at all times, as befits the luxury nature of the hotel.
- Looking after the team, which in busy teams is around 20-25 people.
- Responsible for all areas of the business including housekeeping, maintenance, front of house, but not the kitchen.
- Being guest facing and meeting and greeting guests and being the face of the hotel and the brand.
- Answering client queries and handling any complaints
- Rosters and holiday management.
- Duty management and taking the phone on certain nights or weekends for on call.
- Are an experienced Assistant Manager with hotel experience.
- Have worked in a similar set up before with minimum 4* experience.
- Have a background in luxury and an eye for quality and for detail.
- Manage people well and are an excellent manager who is hands on but will lead the team to do their best.
- Respond well to instructions and to development from the GM.
- Are a great motivator and know how to achieve results from the team.
- Deliver consistently good service to the guests.
- Are passionate about quality and maintaining the reputation of this hotel.
The role will suit you if you:
- Love hospitality!
- Are looking to work at a luxury level and want to further hone your skills at this level.
- Are looking for a new challenge but want to stay somewhere for a long period of time.
- Speak and write English fluently - this is essential for interaction with the guest.
- Want to develop within your role and work with one of the best GMs around.
- Are passionate about food - the food is of a high standard and so it will be advantageous if you have a knowledge in this area.
Accommodation: 2 bedroom converted barn, rent to pay £300pcm but bills (excl. wifi) are included
Driving essential to the rural location of the role.
Salary: circa £30k gpa
Responsible consultant: Diana Cheal (firstname.lastname@example.org)