Boarding Housemistress required for a leading Independent Girls School (Sixth Form) in Perthshire to start ASAP.
This school prides itself on its world class education. They encourage each individual to flourish and be empowered within the academic environment. The school is set in the beautiful Perthshire countryside. It is also very close to the local town and has good transport links to nearby cities; Dundee, Edinburgh etc. The successful candidate will report into the Head of Pastoral and Boarding.
- Free meals
- Reduction on school fees
- Free Accommodation
- To be responsible for organising and supervising the morning, evening and weekend routines within the boarding area including weekend permissions.
- To plan and co-ordinate weekend activities internally/externally including co-ordinating personnel, risk assessments, billing and photographic evidence.
- To monitor and assist with the academic and pastoral needs of the pupils within the boarding area including tracking supervised study in Sixth Form and supported prep for younger years.
- To liaise with Form Year Heads and tutors when required e.g. morning registration if a pupil is off ill.
- To oversee the health and wellbeing particularly the emotional wellbeing of the girls in the boarding area.
- To communicate regularly with parents on matters relating to boarding.
- To ensure that high standards within the area are maintained in the boarding office, the girls’ individual rooms and their personal accommodation.
- To co-ordinate the beginning and end of term arrangements including booking taxis if required.
- To assist the Head of Pastoral and Boarding prepare and manage the boarding house budget and development plans.
- To contribute towards good order and the wider needs of the school.
- To work in partnership with parents, support staff and or other professionals.
- To participate in issues related to school planning, raising achievement and individual review by attendance at regular weekly meetings.
- To undertake appropriate and agreed continuing professional development.
- To follow the child protection policy and report relevant concerns to the child protection officer.
A driver with own car would be hugely beneficial.
The successful candidate will need to obtain a PVG which Greycoat Lumleys can assist with.
Hours: Full-time (with 2 consecutive days off in the week and off at exeat weekends)
Accommodation: 2 bedroomed self-contained flat with bathroom, living-room and kitchen
Salary: Very competitive
Job Number: 88962
Responsible Consultant: Katie – email@example.com
Please note you will not be considered for the position if you contact the school directly.