General Scope and Purpose
The Butlers are expected to support the Butler team with a wide range of operationally essential tasks. All Butlers are expected to work in partnership with the estate team to provide the highest level of operational service and performance. You will be working in a busy estate where the ability to think on your feet is expected and to follow instructions.
- Total discretion and the ability to provide exceptional service without being intrusive.
- Front of House service, meeting and greeting guests.
- All types of service required including butler, silver, tray, bar and pool.
- Cleaning and restocking of bars, coffee, tea and water points as required.
- china Specialist cleaning techniques and polishing of and silverware.
- Maintaining general cleanliness in pantry areas, stock rooms, service areas e.g. Garden Pavilions.
- Conservation and care of silver, gilt and crystal items.
- Stock taking and inventories including china, silverware, crystal, cigars, wines and spirits.
- Cellar management of fine wine, spirits and cigars.
- Responsible for stock rotation.
- Acceptance and movement of deliveries.
- Furniture and room adjustments to Principal’s and guest’s preference as required.
- Coordinating luggage delivery and collection from rooms.
- Valeting duties to include packing and unpacking.
- Operate in a Spa environment.
- Recording and relaying messages.
- Flexible with working hours and adaptable to change which might include weekends and bank holidays at short notice. Time will be given in lieu when overtime is worked.
- Highest standards of personal grooming.
- Critical eye for detail.
- Clock care.
- Responsible for training, supervising and directing the Under Butlers.
- Responsible for maintaining and running designated areas.
- Adapting to changes during service/family in residence in a quick and professional manner.
- Key management and meeting room management.
- Standing in for the Senior Butler when required.
- Ability to work efficiently independently or within the wider team.
- To carry out any other duties that may be reasonably requested by the Head Butler or member of the senior management team.
- Any other duties required to support the estate operation.
Health & Safety
- To ensure that all work undertaken is done so in a safe manner and in accordance with relevant approved codes of practice.
- To wear appropriate protective clothing provided by or recommended by the Company.
- To be aware of and comply with safe working practices as laid down under the Health and Safety Acts as applicable to your place of work. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards at your work place.
- To ensure that any accidents to staff, guests or visitors are reported in accordance with correct procedures.
- To be fully conversant with the risk assessments for your department.
- To comply with all Health & Safety regulation including fire safety procedures to ensure the safety of yourself, staff, contractors and Principals.
- To attend all training courses as and when required.
- Willing to learn new skills and enhance current knowledge.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Previous butler experience of at least 3 years.
- Good written and spoken English skills.
- Languages would be helpful.
- Proficiency in excel and word.
- Total discretion is required by the Principals at all time.
- This is a demanding and high-pressure role supporting the running of a private estate at the highest level.
- A uniform will be provided.
5 days a week on a shift system
£35K gross per annum plus over time