Caretaker Job (Live In Position)
We are working with a lovely client who as a fantastic opportunity for a live in Caretaker to come and join their team.
You will join a brilliant and diverse team for whom the aim is to deliver excellence to our valued customers across our clients amazing residence/museum.
This role is a live in position and a studio flat provided within building
- Have basic handyman skills
- Are able to work under own initiative within structured timescales.
- Have a high-quality approach to work.
- Are a good communicator, are able to listen to needs of the Museum Manager and/or The Foundation team (as appropriate) and summarise any building issues in simple easily understandable terms.
- Have a knowledge of excel and outlook.
- Have good organisational skills and good spoken English.
- Are friendly, great at team work and a flexible approach to meet the needs of the job
- Daily unlocking and locking of The museum
- Daily alarm setting/ turning off
- Daily morning check of The Museum to ensure that the premises is safe, clean and secure, including opening of windows for airing etc.
- Daily evening check of The Museum to ensure that the house is secure for the night (including a check of objects contained within the house, windows, doors and heating appliance, visible gutter cleaning etc.)
- Daily monitoring of contract cleaning standards, following up with the cleaner if necessary and report problems to the Museum Manager
- Monthly check of all appliances and report any issues to Museum Manager
- Coordinate and ensure access for visit of gardeners
- Open gates for bin collection
Front of House
- To assist the Museum Manager with the visitor experience, as required. This will include welcoming visitors and helping to point them in the right direction for amenities, or answer basic questions about the house, preparing the house etc. (This is not to act as a tour guide).
- Helping the Museum Manager with Health and Safety policies, evacuation/fire drills, Health and Safety incidents etc..
- Be a friendly neighbour to keep a nice relationship with the local community
*For a more detailed job role, please get in touch*
Hours: An average of 40 hours per week, Term time only - working 33 weeks per year
Responsible Consultant: Cristina Ciorba cristina@greycoatlumleys.