Greycoat Lumleys’ client are seeking a Caretaker/Handyperson for an island on the Firth of Forth, Scotland.
The uninhabited island is steeped in interesting history and boasts spectacular views of the Firth, Fife and Edinburgh. It is an inspiring location that would be a wonderful place for someone to live and work.
The position would suit someone proactive and who has a ‘can do’ attitude. An interest and knowledge in the natural environment, bird life and wildlife would be a bonus. The successful candidate will receive regular supply deliveries and transportation to and from the mainland.
- Organised and forward thinking logistical planner who thrives on a challenge and enjoys the adventure of working in such a unique location.
- Good general handyperson skills (materials and tools provided).
- Maintain records of works undertaken and monitor progress made.
- Resilient and practical.
- Experience of boats / powerboats / RYA Qualifications however appropriate training can be provided for the correct candidate.
Duties will include:
- Maintaining the island grounds
- Cleaning up of debris on the island, as well as the clearing of items regularly washed up on the island’s beaches
- Maintain a register of the condition of buildings on the island
- Routine maintenance jobs
- Assist with planned and unplanned visitors to the island
- Work with heritage and ecological bodies
Immediately (12 month placement and could be extended for the right person)