Michelin Star Chef Winter Season 21/22
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Head Chef to be based in Zermatt, Switzerland for winter 2021/22.
The Chalet is perched centrally above the enchanting village of Zermatt and has breathtaking views of the Matterhorn. This exclusive property pays homage to architectural design and luxury. The food experience at the Chalet is a major part of the Chalet’s value proposition. The guests appreciate and expect the very best.
The privately-run chalet is spaciously laid out over six opulent floors and includes five deluxe double bedrooms, ceiling to floor windows and sky observatory ceilings, all framed by the some of the most awe-inspiring views in Zermatt.
It also has a private Wellness Center that contains an indoor/outdoor Jacuzzi, wet and dry saunas, a private gymnasium, full treatment spa and an in-house wellness therapist, ensuring guests enjoy the ultimate in relaxation. In addition, it also has a wine collection that has been carefully curated and is one of the finest private collections in Zermatt.
It is the current winner of the World’s Best Ski Chalet, awarded for its architecture, stunning location and world class food and service.
To be considered:
- You must have 5 plus years’ international experience leading top kitchens and having previously received a Michelin Star as an Executive Chef
- Be able to work alone in the kitchen creating bespoke and gourmet menus for Breakfast, Afternoon Tea and Dinner for a small group of guests (maximum of 13 guests) while at the same time work closely together with the Chalet Team ensuring the guests experience is exceptional
- Good communication skills in English - German or French is advantageous - strong and efficient communication required with the Chalet team. Close contact with the high net worth guests and their children. The Chalet hosts many families.
- Work closely with the Executive Chalet Manager to plan weekly menu options. Open minded in their approach and values input, feedback and suggestions
- Flexibility and Autonomy in the Kitchen, preparing meals for a small group of guests.
- Team player with a passion for providing exceptional customer experiences.
- Able to remain focused and calm under pressure and has experience with dealing with high demanding guests
- Able to work with an audience and happy to discuss menus and options with guests.
- Happy to prepare a diverse range of menus dependant on guest requirements including children’s and family style menus when required.
Package on offer:
- Well-equipped and fully functioning (private) industrial kitchen along will well designed kitchen within the main living area of the Chalet.
- Fully paid Studio close to the Chalet
- CHF 8,500 per month, gross salary
- seasonal Skipass
- no charges for food and beverages
Consultant: Rachel Dewar
Job No: 96507