One of most prestigious clients is looking for a Chef de Partie to join their kitchen team. This VVIP Household has a small kitchen team of three Chefs and due to the nature of the business, the numbers of guests are ever-changing but are pretty constant. The food ranges in cooking for a small family up to dinners and cocktail parties for dignitaries and important business people. The kitchen is constantly used, and in order to give each of the Chefs enough time to be off, the Chef de Partie needs to be strong enough to run the kitchen, with the Kitchen Assistant, and ensure that the food going out remains at the highest quality.
The team come from military backgrounds, and this is something the client does like.
- Working as the Chef de Partie in a team of three.
- Cooking for a variety of people on a daily basis from the family to larger groups of VVIPs.
- Varying menu items from simple family food to haute cuisine, depending on the event.
- Working closely with the Head Chef and Sous Chef to come up with ideas for the menu and assisting in menu planning.
- When the other two Chefs aren't there, running the kitchen efficiently and competently on your own and not being flustered by that.
- Managing the Kitchen Assistant and your relationship with that person.
- Are a strong Chef with good experience behind you.
- Are capable of working independently and ensuring that the kitchen keeps to its usual standards at all times.
- Take instruction well from the more senior members of a team.
- Love to learn and are looking for a role in which you can be creative and get involved with the menu ideas and planning for the guests.
- Are reliable, conscientious and hard-working.
- Love food and have a passion for creating new dishes and coming up with new ideas.
- Manage people well and work well in a team, getting along with others.
- Are happy with a range of food, cuisines and dining styles.
- A smiling face in a busy kitchen, with a positive can-do attitude.
- Security clearance to the highest level (you are happy to have this done).
- Ability to work on your own
Role: Chef de Partie, but able to work on own and run a shift
Salary: £25,000 GPA
Hours: 5 days per week
Responsible Consultant: Diana Cheal (email@example.com)