We are delighted to be working with this co-ed secondary independent boarding and day School of 880 pupils set in a sublime environment. They have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and enthusiastic Chef de Partie to join their Kitchen and Food Services Team. The ideal candidate would possess a passion for food and cooking with fresh ingredients. They are a busy department providing an array of meal services to the School and external clients core food such as: their core offer for pupils and staff, Head’s lunches and dinners, School banquets, parents’ events, formal society dinners, wedding events, corporate hospitality and lots more. You will require drive and energy and should be happy working in a pressured environment with a dedicated team. If you feel you have the right qualities for this role and would enjoy working in beautiful surroundings then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Benefits of working at this school:
- Free uniform - provided and laundered
- Free meal when on duty,
- Use of leisure facilities and grounds
- Staff pension scheme
- Discounted membership to golf club.
- The School is closed at Christmas and New Year and requires no holiday days to be taken.
- To prepare and cook an array of dishes to a high standard as required by the school including out of term events such as conferences, weddings and school banquets.
- To be present during various service periods monitoring food levels and co-ordinating with the kitchen team.
- To work collectively with other members of the kitchen team, taking responsibility for food production and ensuring the kitchen meet demand in the absence of the Head Chef or Sous Chefs.
- To ensure that all aspects of the Food Safety Act are met and report any concerns to the Executive Chef/Head Chef.
- To liaise with, and work alongside, members of the Food Service Team.
- To ensure the Food Service Team are aware of food allergens at the various service times.
- To maintain the required standards of personal hygiene and tidiness within the kitchen areas.
- To place food orders as required.
- To ensure, when necessary, that all products are checked on delivery and stored in the appropriate areas.
- To use the School’s electronic database to gain information regarding School events, and producing food as required for the various events.
- To adhere to Health & Safety legislation, reporting incidents to the Head Chef.
- To maintain departmental standards of tidiness and cleanliness.
- To offer guidance and training to junior members of the kitchen brigade.
- To work as a team player to ensure all departmental requirements are met in full.
- Have a Formal Catering qualification C&G 706 1 /2 or NVQ 1 /2
- Have an NVQ 3 in Catering
- Have ideally a minimum three years practical kitchen experience in food service
- Are able to work shift patterns/flexibility
- Have volume catering experience
- Have a Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate
- Have a food Allergen Certificate
- Team player with energy and enthusiasm
- Have a positive “can do” attitude and a Flexible approach
For more details, a full job specification can be sent over to applicants
Hours: An average of 40 hours per week, 52 weeks per year. Working a shift pattern with alternate weekends off. An example of the shift patterns are as follows: Early Shift: 6.00am - 2.00pm Late Shift: 11.30am - 7.30pm Split Shift: 6.00am - 2.00pm / 4.00pm - 7.30pm (limited shift) A degree of flexibility with working hours will be required at busy times. The rota pattern will be discussed at interview.
Salary: £25,000-£25,500 GPA
Responsible Consultant: Kelly B (email@example.com)