We are working with a school that is a world class, modern, flourishing community with a clear sense of purpose and momentum. They are looking for Senior Chef de Partie to join their ambitious kitchen team.
The benefits of this role and working at this school are many:
- A term-time only position working only 36 weeks of the year
- Generous employee pension
- Sports center membership
• To work closely with the Senior Sous Chef to provide best value without comprising quality of catering, food service and hospitality
• Ownership and management of kitchen and stores
• Budgetary control of all aspects of catering provisions relating to house
• To accurately complete weekly expenditure reports and submit all necessary paperwork on a punctual basis to the Head of Catering.
• To ensure authorised food stock levels are maintained with monthly closing stock valuations.
• Proactively respond to service issues or escalations. Promptly and resolve professionally.
• To constantly strive to improve what we do, incorporating new & innovative dishes.
• To understand modern cooking techniques, recipes & trends. • To ensure that sufficient portions are prepared and available at the appropriate service times.
• To ensure that food is attractive and appealing to the end user of the catering provision.
• To maintain level 3 food hygiene as a minimum, undertaking refresher training when required.
• Are high energy, resilient, can-do attitude, proactive and flexible approach
• Strong leadership and hands on management skills
• Keen to support staff and pupils, whilst working towards the Schools ethos & objectives
• Confident verbal communicator, able to communicate effectively with professionals, staff, pupils and contractors
• Well organised, used to working at pace.
• Care and attention, particularly for all aspects of food presentation & safety
For more details, a full job specification can be sent over to applicants
Hours: 50 hours a week between 06.30am - 6.30pm with 1 hour (unpaid) for lunch. Predominantly term time only with 1 full weekend off in 4
Responsible Consultant: Kelly B (firstname.lastname@example.org)