We are working with one of the country’s most prestigious Independent Boarding and Day Preparatory Schools for Boys. They are a flourishing school with around 250 boys from 7 to 13 years old, with a five-day week in Year 3 & Year 4, Saturday School from Year 5 and all boys weekly board in Year 7 & Year 8. They deliver a first-class education, sporting provision and a rich variety of music, drama, arts and extracurricular opportunities in a friendly and supportive working environment. The school is only twenty miles from central London in a beautiful location.
They have an exciting opportunity for a qualified and experienced Chef to join their catering team. A chef who is passionate about food, confident in cooking with fresh ingredients and who takes pride in food presentation.
They are looking for a flexible, reliable and self-motivated team player who is able to work in a pressurised environment. You will have a “can-do” attitude and good communication skills which are key to being part of a team of 6 who run our kitchen safely, smoothly and hygienically. You will have an excellent working knowledge of Health and Safety requirements and standards and you will hold City and Guilds 706-1/2 or NVQ level 1 or 2 in food preparation and cooking, or equivalent.
This is a full-time hours role during term time, split shift and alternate weekend working. Benefits include an Employee Assistance Programme, lunch during term time and uniform.
The successful applicant will be asked to join us for a week’s trial in the first instance.
To produce high quality, varied, up-to-date, nutritional balanced meals for pupils, staff and visitors by:
- Food preparation, cooking, baking.
- Ensure all surfaces are cleaned down at regular intervals throughout shift
- To use all equipment correctly and to report any faults or repairs needed to the Head Chef or in her absence, the Catering Manager.
- To work as efficiently and tidily as possible on all tasks.
- To ensure a high standard of presentation of all dishes.
- To work as part of a team on a smooth running rota and ensure the Catering Manager is given as much notice as possible of any requests for change or cover.
- To work closely and collaboratively with other members of the team,covering or assisting with each other’s tasks when necessary or instructed to do so.
- To be willing and able to answer questions about food prepared to diners– children or adults.
- Work to high professional and food hygiene/safety standards. Report to the Head Chef or Catering Manager any concerns in this area.
- Report any concerns over operation or safety of kitchen equipment, machinery and pests..
- Ensure all general Health and Safety standards are met in area of responsibility
A full job description can be sent over on request
Hours: Term time only - 32 weeks pa, 40 hours per week, split shifts and alternate weekends
Responsible Consultant: Kelly B (email@example.com)