This is a full-time Chef position that requires the chef to be flexible, creative, and hardworking.
The role operates within a small team and the Chef will be expected to work a mixture of weekends and weekdays. The Chef will be part of a team currently consisting of a Head Chef and also a part-time temporary Chefs working a three-week rolling rota.
Cooking is to be of very high standards at all times whilst maintaining a clean and safe kitchen environment.
Menus and planning are key. The Principal also takes a keen interest in ideas and catering arrangements for guest weekends and dinner parties. The Principal entertains on a regular basis expecting exciting menus for both formal and informal occasions.
The Chef must be computer literate and have a good grasp of operating word and excel documents as well as accounting for expenditure and managing receipts.
The Chef must be confident to work alone as well as part of a hard working executive office and private household team to ensure smooth operations.
The Chef must have competent presentation skills and must be able to explain the dishes at the table as required. A good knowledge of wine is a bonus.
The Chef must be able to work in London (across two sites), the Cotswolds and sometimes overseas.
As well as the Principal’s private residence in London, the Cotswolds and on occasion Australia, work will also be carried out in the London office environment, catering for 2-6 guests for breakfasts and lunches whereby meals are corporate/meeting friendly.
The Chef team also provide personalised catering for the Principal when travelling on his own aircraft from the UK.
- Meal planning and preparation of all day to day meals and snacks for the Principal
- Cooking for formal and informal business breakfasts, lunches and dinners for the Principal and his guests at both the office and his private residences.
- Preparing weekly menus in conjunction with Head Chef
- Working alongside the Head Chef on occasion at formal dinner parties
- Coordination between Chefs, sourcing and shopping for high quality ingredients
- Ensuring all kitchen preparation areas and equipment are clean and in good order
- Preparing kitchen inventories as required
- Working alongside all other staff members of the Principal’s Executive Desk to ensure the smooth running of operations
- Serving meals and drinks, and performing waiter services as necessary
- Travel within the UK and on occasions overseas, primarily to property in Cotswolds and on occasions the Principal’s residence in Australia.
- Preparing personalised catering for the Principal when travelling on his own aircraft from the UK
- Dial in or attend the weekly Executive Office Team meeting (Monday) and the weekly Executive Office schedule planning meeting (Thursday).
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Must have a full, clean driver’s licence to enable provisioning
- Previous experience as a Chef within a similar environment
- Familiar with working alongside other Chefs
- A creative mind set, with a focus on creating healthy, modern food
- Service oriented with excellent organisation and communication skills
- Experience in cooking international cuisine
- Experience in pastry
- Proactive, self-motivated and thorough
- Flexible, accommodating and professional
- Well-mannered and well presented
- Friendly and personable
- Intuitive and composed
Salary: £40/ £45K
Job number: 96531
Consultant: Kari Kerslake Vigor