A lovely client of Greycoat Lumleys has fantastic opportunity has arisen to work as Chef for a friendly family at their private residence to make delicious, well presented, healthy, low sugar, well balanced meals for the Principals’ family, and guests (with plenty of vegetarian and Keto options, following rules of Kashrut), be responsible for daily operations in the kitchen and supervise/coordinate activities of the kitchen staff.
1) Preparation of lunch, dinner, and all dinner parties plus service.
2) Overall responsibility for daily operations in the kitchen.
3) Supervise and coordinate activities of Kitchen assistant/cooks and other food
1) Preparation of meals/service
• Washing, peeling, chopping, cutting, and cooking foods, preparing salads and desserts bearing in mind the family’s requirements for healthy, low sugar, well-balanced meals and observance of all Jewish Dietary Laws (known as Kashrut plus provide options in the keto diet/vegetarian). Prepare relishes and hors d’oeuvres.
- Up-to-date with culinary trends, experiments to come up with new dishes, and uses best kitchen processes.
- Preparing the table for all dinners and serving, plus cocktails.
- Prepare food/drinks for other members of staff and for guests/visitors.
2) Overall responsibility for daily operations in the kitchen
• Implement and be responsible for the kitchen management system adhering to set procedures regarding stock, menus, shopping lists, reporting requirements, ordering.
• Develop recipes and presentation of the food.
• Menus in the required format must be planned and approved weekly in advance by the Principal taking into account special events and Friday night/ Saturday lunch, with timings strictly adhered to.
• Check freshness of food and ingredients and report wastage.
• Control and direct the food preparation process and any other process undertaken in the kitchen.
• Use all relevant kitchen equipment.
• Employ food safety best practices in accordance with the Food Safety Plan.
• Supervising and making sure the highest standard of cleanliness and hygiene in the kitchen, breakfast room and dining rooms is maintained at all times.
• Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas for cleanliness and functionality ensuring that the kitchen is always operational.
• Observing and implementing all health and safety practices including preparing and assisting with all appropriate risk assessments for the kitchen/dining room area.
• All appliances to be immaculately maintained and used in a safe manner and cleaned to the highest standard after every use.
• Purchase or order groceries and household supplies in accordance with the Principal’s wishes to keep kitchens stocked.
3) Supervise and coordinate activities of Kitchen assistant/cooks and other food preparation workers.
• Ensure all key staff follow kitchen safety standards, the Food Safety Plan and all health and safety practices.
• Ensure key staff are working in a time efficient manner to produce the highest quality of food.
• Coach the kitchen staff in relation to food preparation and service, so they perform at their best.
Hours: 45 hours per week
Additional information: Flexibility is key – travelling in the summer holidays (up to 7 weeks) plus school holidays.
Days: Sundays and Fridays are full days – can possibly be flexible on other days/times tbc
To apply: have to be able to give veg/Keto options, understand healthy, low in sugar and well balanced meals. Knowledge of Kashrut, is highly desirable.
Consultant: Kari Kerslake Vigor
Job number: 92667