A client of ours is looking for two Chefs to work in their household on a four day week basis. The role is actually pretty hectic with many different family members dropping in. The role is based in the principal's house, and therefore cooking for one gentleman and his household (approximately six to seven members of staff) but does include all cooking for his family (there are twenty-five who live locally) and hosting large events on Fridays and Sundays (in non-Covid times of course!). Family do drop in and out throughout the day and at least one member of the family will eat with their father at every meal. The family want people with no prior household experience and are looking for those who have worked in corporate settings such as restaurants, catering companies and directors' dining rooms. You must be able to handle volume cooking - this is super important and key. This is a unique opportunity and one to get into private households, so definitely get in touch!
- Providing daily meals for one elderly gentleman and his household staff - approximately five to eight people per day. However, this could be up to fifteen or twenty, depending on how many family members drop in.
- Working with the other Chef on a Friday to produce a buffet for a large party of up to 60 people (in non-Covid times!).
- Producing nutritious food that is packed full of flavour and deliciousness.
- At times catering for other members of the family, who live close by and pop in for various meals - you must be flexible to accommodate this.
- Working in a non-professional kitchen, but one which will have new appliances in place - you can be part of this.
- Responsible for the grocery shopping and the stocking of the cupboards as well.
- Working three days by yourself and then one day per week with the other Chef.
- Have no private household experience
- Are strong with volume cooking and are comfortable cooking for numbers up to 60 for a buffet
- Love food and are passionate about ingredients and where the produce comes from
- Enjoy working on your own but would welcome the opportunity to work with the other Chef one day per week and collaborate and share ideas
- Are looking to move into private households - this could be your opportunity
- Love cooking strong flavours and have travelled around the world, picking up ideas and flavours from where you go
- Enjoy cuisines such as Middle Eastern, Mexican and SE Asian
- Are flexible and don't mind working in a non-professional kitchen
Location: St John's Wood
Days: either Tuesday to Friday or Friday to Monday
Salary: £50,000 GPA
Responsible Consultant: Diana (firstname.lastname@example.org)