Position: Clubhouse Host
Reporting to: Clubhouse Manager
Greycoat Lumley's International luxury residential developer client is seeking a Clubhouse Host to join the F&B team for the newest residences in Central London.
The residences provide an extraordinary luxury oasis, on a rare island site, within one of London’s finest neighborhoods. Surrounded by some of the world’s most renowned institutions, With high culture, fine dining and exclusive shopping on the doorstep.
This exclusive residential enclave is set around a private tranquil garden landscape and it counts with 221 exquisitely designed apartments.
The new Clubhouse Host will be at the forefront of residents’ service and be one of the main point of contact, giving a warm welcome, memorable experience and ensuring their satisfaction by maintaining the highest standards of service and hospitality at all times.
- Ensure residents are recognised and greeted in a friendly and warm manner using their name when known
- Deliver a friendly, warm, discreet and efficient customer service
- Create a warm and welcoming atmosphere, engaging in polite and professional conversation with the residents and their guest when appropriate
- Responsible for keeping the clubhouse areas clean and tidy at all times
- Prepare the working areas to the agreed standards prior to service, ensuring all mise en place is fully prepared
- Handle residents’ queries and requests professionally and efficiently in order to meet or exceed expectations at all times
- Keep up to date with all food & beverage and sports and wellbeing menus, current promotions and new products and recommend to our residents and their guests
- Ensure all orders are correctly billed, balancing residents accounts in accordance with the agreed procedures
- Deal with any resident queries and complaints in an efficient manner ensuring positive outcome. Escalate to your supervisor/manager if required. Always take a decision in favour of the resident
- Be alert and discreet with any security related manner and report any suspicious activity to your supervisor/manager or the most senior person on duty
- Carry out any reasonable requests from your supervisor/manager
Health and Safety/Compliance
- Ensure you attend all H&S and fire trainings as directed by your Manager in order to be fully compliant with H&S and fire legal requirements
- Report all accidents, near misses and hazard to your manager/supervisor to ensure they are dealt with to prevent any injury
- Be fully conversant with the fire policy and fire panel and what actions to take in case of an activation. Attend statutory trainings when required.
- report any suspicious activity to your supervisor/manager or the most senior person on duty
- Carry out any reasonable requests from your manager
The rigth Clubhouse Host will need to have:
- 12-18 months experience in a similar luxurious establishments, hotels or residentials (not essential)
- Able to effectively communicate in English in both written and oral forms
- Good presentation
- Excellent organisation and attention to details
- Proven ability to support and coach people
- Personable, amiable, empathic,
- Driven individual
- Discreet, tactful and charming
- Team player
Consultant Diana Cheal