A client of ours, a luxury hotel on the west coast of Scotland set in a gorgeous location is currently looking for a Commis Chef to join their established team. This hotel is very much on the luxury spectrum, being a member of Relais et Chateaux as well as having a dining room with 3 AA Rosettes. It's a small boutique style hotel with eleven bedrooms, which ensures that every guest has a personalised and warm interaction with the staff and hotel, with many returning year on year. This role is to start ASAP and accommodation is provided, which makes it a very appealing opportunity, particularly in this market.
A Commis Chef assists a section chef, also known as a Chef de Partie. The role is made up of many varying responsibilities including:
- Assisting in the food preparation process
- Cooking and preparing elements of high quality dishes
- Preparing vegetables, meats and fish
- Assisting other Chefs
- Helping with deliveries and restocking
- Assisting with stock rotation
- Cleaning stations
- Contributing to maintaining kitchen and food safety standards.
To land a job as a Commis Chef you will need:
- Level 1 and 2 Food Safety Awards
- Ideally a minimum 6 months relevant experience
- Awareness of manual handling techniques
- Awareness of Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (COSHH) and chemical safety
- Experience of kitchen equipment
- Experience of dangerous equipment such as knives
- Competent level of English spoken and written
The role will suit you if you:
- Love hospitality!
- Are looking to work at a luxury level and want to further hone your skills at this level.
- Are looking for a new challenge but want to stay somewhere for a long period of time.
- Speak and write English fluently - this is essential for interaction with the guests.
- Want to develop within your role.
- Are passionate about food - the food is of a high standard and so it will be advantageous if you have a knowledge in this area.
Salary: circa £18k gpa + tips
Responsible consultant: Kelly B (firstname.lastname@example.org)