Live In Cook Assistant Housekeeper Job Nr. Edinburgh Scotland
Greycoat Lumleys' client are seeking a Cook to provide a high quality Cooking Service for the Principals (a couple) and to also assist the Private Housekeeper in ensuring that the Private Quarters are kept impeccably clean and secure at all times. This is an exceptional location and great opportunity to live close to Edinburgh.
• To undertake high class cooking for the Principals on a daily basis.
• To cook for their family and friends as needed.
• This will include but is not limited to the Family Christmas visit, Edinburgh Festival and Shooting parties, Spring and Autumn lunches for up to twenty guests.
• There is also an arrangement for the private cook to provide lunches and teas for a shooting syndicate four times a year and occasionally for charity lunches.
• To ensure that all private kitchens are kept clean and tidy at all time
• To manage weekly budget, planning of menus and stock control so as to minimise ad hoc purchasing and multiple shopping
• To assist the Private Housekeeper on a daily basis in ensuring that the private quarters are kept clean and ordered at all times.
• To cover the daily tasks when the Private Housekeeper is off duty.
• Housekeeping tasks will include cleaning of fire places, vacuuming, dusting, bed making, washing ironing of table linen and the care of china, crystal and silver.
• To assist in looking after the Principals personal laundry, ironing and dry cleaning requirements.
• To liaise with the Private Housekeeper to provide care for the dogs when the Principal is unable to do so.
• To maintain a good and co-operative relationship with all staff working at the property to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the house, the estate and the business.
• To take on other duties as assigned by the Principal or their representatives. This will include driving to and collecting from the airport, collecting newspapers and opening and closing shutters when the Caretaker and Private Housekeeper are off duty or as required every other weekend. The Private Housekeeper stands in for the Cook/Assistant Housekeeper on her days off and when she is on holiday. Equally the roles are reversed when the Private Housekeeper is on holiday.
Responsible Consultant: Lesley Jones
Job Number: 88811
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 gpa
Hours: 40 hrs per week
Days: 5 days per week to include some weekends
Accommodation: 2 bedroom cottage within the estate inclusive of council tax