Greycoat Lumley’s client are seeking an experienced Private Cook for their estate in Dumfriesshire.
The Principals are very welcoming and have members of staff that have been with them for several years.
The Cook must be professional, flexible, hardworking, and ready to muck in, have a sense of humour, and be hygienic, discreet and punctual.
They must also have experience of working in a sizeable family home and be used to cooking in an AGA.
The Principals enjoy good food, locally sourced where possible and eat a lot of local meat and game.
- Cooking lunch and supper for the Principals
- Cooked breakfast the weekend
- Ability to liaise with local butchers/grocers.
- Shopping, keep regular accounts and to make sure the larder is properly stocked.
- Regular visits to the garden to see what is growing and good interaction with the gardener is essential.
- The kitchen is the responsibility of the cook, particularly when the family is eating in the kitchen. He/she will be expected to lay the table, clear and wash up.
- Cater for large shoot parties, open garden days, concerts and December buffet dinner, including Christmas for the family every other year
August – January and May and June can be particularly busy with family coming and going, house parties, dinners etc.
Salary: £35,000 +
Days: 5 per week – days off are planned in advance
Accommodation: A family home with three bedroom with a garden.
A one bedroom flat is available which might suit better
(Both are separate to the main house)
The client will cover the Council Tax but Utility bills must be covered
by the candidate