Greycoat Lumleys' client are seeking a cook for a large family home on an Estate in South West Scotland. The role is to cook family meals, dinner parties and corporate food as well as preparing food during the summer for a small tea-room on the estate. This is a family home and therefore the cook must be child friendly, flexible and happy to work as part of team.
Applicants must be passionate about food, positive, friendly, a non-smoker and animal friendly.
- Family cooking for the household - (can be 1,2 or 4 in residence) - light lunch and dinner.
- High standard dinner party for private and corporate guests, e.g. shoot lunches, dinner parties, and some weekend work - (shoot lunch tend to be a one pot dish)
- Baking and cooking dishes for the small tea-room in the gardens which is open to the public in the summer months
- The hygiene and maintenance of the kitchens
- Table laying and clearing away
- Menu planning for the house
- Food planning for the tea-room
- Shopping and ordering the food
The Cook will enjoy cooking with locally sourced fresh produce, fish, meat (including game) have experience in similar positions and a cheerful and friendly manner. They must be highly organised, flexible and discreet.
The location is rural so it is essential to be country loving.
The work will be busy at times and will suit an intelligent energetic person who wants to be part of a developing business.
- The position is Live In with a 3 bedroom property separate to the main house
- All Council tax is covered
- Free heating
- The position is based on a 5 day week, will include split shifts and weekends only during busy times of the year.
- 28 days annual holiday entitlement.
- Salary £25,000 to £30,000
- Pension scheme.
- Use of a car
- NB this could be an excellent position for a couple as there are currently other job opportunities at the Estate.
A wonderful opportunity for a cook/couple who enjoys being part of a team and a rural lifestyle.
Job Number: 88077
Start Date: August/September 2020
Consultant: Lesley Jones