Great opportunity for an experienced (English Dutch or French speaking) hardworking couple, to work with a family with two school-aged children and a family dog.
This position is based near Antwerp, Belgium and is the family’s main residence. This role will be live-in, with your own one-bedroom cottage within the grounds - bills included. You will also be provided with a car and use of a second car for the childcare duties. Working 5.5 days per week (usual days off are Saturday & Sunday), with flexibility required for hours. This is a full-time, permanent position and the family are only interested in candidates who are looking for a long-term post.
This role is split, with one half of the couple undertaking: Childcare duties, running errands, managing stock of household items and covering housekeeping duties when required. Whilst babysitting you will be required to sleep in the main house. The family have a full-time housekeeper, but you will be required to cover some duties when she is off.
The other half of the couple will be overseeing; The house grounds, making sure it's clean and tidy, gardening, dealing with external contractors, acting as a concierge.
MOTHERS HELP DUTIES INCLUDE:
- School run
Babysitting - sometimes at short notice.
- Preparing meals for the children and occasionally the whole family.
- Provisioning and taking stock of all household items
- Daily grocery shopping
- Organising the kitchen
- Running errands
- Supervising homework
- Occasion travel - advanced notice.
- Occasionally covering Housekeeping duties.
CONCIERGE DUTIES :
- Overall security and access control of the perimeter
- Liaising with external contractors, e.g. planning, co-ordination of works, bookings
- Gardening and exterior maintenance
- Running errands
- Taking care of the dog when needed
- Occasional Driving around with parents
- General cleaning and upkeep of the grounds
- Sweeping and keeping the gardens clean and tidy
- Deal quickly and responsibly with any issues that arise
- Previous experience in a Couples role
- (One candidate) Childcare experience either as a nanny or mother's help.
- (One candidate) Groundsman/caretaker experience.
- Dog friendly
- Discreet and Professional.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good standard of written and spoken English, Dutch or French
- Trustworthy and handles confidential information appropriately
- Can-do attitude
- Longevity in previous roles
- Fun and positive attitude
- Right to work within the EU
- Excellent checkable references
- Police Check
- Full driving license
Please send any relevant CVs and your application to email@example.com