Live in Couple Job, Argyll, Start ASAP
Greycoat Lumleys are seeking a proactive Couple for a family run Estate in Argyll. The estate is only used by the family and their guests. The estate consists of a 13,000 acres with 200 cattle and is set in the beautiful Argyll countryside. There are two 2 hydro-electric units and the main activities are fishing and shooting. This position will suit a couple with experience of stalking, working on a farming/sporting estate and housekeeping. The owners are very likeable people and they are keen to find a couple to stay with them for a number of years.
There are a number of properties on the estate, some privately rented and some for staff working on the estate. The owners stay at the property approximately 6 times a year for up to 15 days at a time. The extended family also stay on the estate in the lodge and other properties. The role will be busy for the housekeeper/cook when the owners are in residence and they can spend the rest of their time in the quiet periods deep cleaning and keeping on top of other duties.
- All aspects of farming – feeding the animals
- Stalking and related duties (experience is essential)
- Maintenance of machinery
- Ensuring the Hydro is in full operation
- Clearing leaves from the guttering
- Cutting the grass
- Using a chainsaw
- Operating a digger
- Fishing – increasing this within the estate
- Cleaning main lodge and second property
- Cooking for the family – simple food
- Gardening – sit on lawn mower
- Shopping locally
- Driving owners and family to and from the airport (Edinburgh)
Accommodation: Provided - 2/3 bedroom cottage (built in the last 3 years)
Council tax and utility bills would be covered by the Couple
Salary: Excellent (depending on skills and experience)
Responsible consultant: Katie – email@example.com
Job Number: 89520
Due to the high volume of applicants, we are not able to respond to everyone that applies.