Greycoat Lumley’s client are seeking an experienced Couple for their large home in Co Limerick. The Principal and family have staff that have been with them for a number of years. They have very loyal staff and vice versa.
The Part Time Housekeeper will work 2 days per week or the hours spread over 5 days. The Handyman/Gardener will work 5 days per week.
The location is next to a village, close to Limerick and minutes to Shannon airport. The role will suit a couple who enjoy a rural lifestyle but also to have easy access to the airport and a large town.
- Chopping logs
- Garden maintenance – large garden
- Heavier garden work
- Running errands
- Recycling and bins
- Hedge cutting
- Security – property alarmed
- Opening up the house in the morning
- Lay the fire
- Prepare a simple lunch or supper for the Principal and for guests – small numbers - family style cooking
- Care for the dog when the Principal is not in residence – (1 dog at the property + 2 other family dogs) all kept in the main house at night
- Prepare the property for the arrival of guests
- Welcome guests - mainly in the summer months
The duties will vary depending on the Principal’s needs
The garden consists of a formal garden, walled garden, parkland, green house, vegetable and fruit garden.
Experience with horses would be beneficial and but not essential.
Both candidates will need to be able drive.
The Housekeeper will need to be familiar with antique furniture and paintings, brasses, silver etc.
Accommodation: Situated in the yard beside the main house. 2 bedrooms 1 bathroom cottage. The property is in good condition and will have fresh paint work and a general refresh.
Salary: € 35,000 – € 40,000 gpa combined
Start Date: December 2020
Job Number: 90280
Consultant: Lesley Jones