Greycoat Lumley’s client are seeking a Couple for their estate near Dalwhinnie in the Scottish Highlands. The Couple will report into the Estate Manager. The location is unique and rural which has a lot of benefits for those who love the outdoors and getting away from the hustle and bustle.
The Couple will need to fit in with the existing team and have a flexible approach to their duties.
The estate is well equipped both in terms of housekeeping facilities and also machinery and tools for the maintenance role. The Couple will carry out their duties to the best of their ability and only have the support of contractors when really needed.
The estate is an informal and relaxed workplace with very high standards of compliance with Health & Safety, environmental legislation and employee care.
Duties of Estate Maintenance Person:
- Join the maintenance team
- To be multi-skilled, with a strong emphasis on machinery operation and maintenance
- Basic plumbing, electrical and joinery skills would be a bonus
- Assisting with the maintenance of the Estate Hydro Scheme each day (full training will be given)
- Mowing lawns and strimming grass – a large part of the job April to September
- Driveway and road repairs
- Sawmill operations
- General maintenance
Duties of Housekeeper
- Understand the Principal’s needs when they arrive and be prepared for their visits.
- Daily checks and housekeeping at a second lodge which is only occupied periodically
- It will also be expected that the person will cover “On Call Maintenance” for at least one week and weekend in every four
- Housekeeping of another property used as a leisure area and contains staff accommodation.
- Preparing and serving refreshments on occasions for meeting
- Changeovers approximately 12 times per year – these may be on a weekend
- Assist other estate staff and provide holiday cover for cleaning holiday cottages and working in the holiday cottage laundry.
Both applicants must have a Full UK Driving Licence and the successful applicants will be subject to a Disclosure Scotland CRB check.
The Couple are required to reside on the estate in a property provided, with no charge being made for rent or water.
The Couple will cover their own electricity, Council Tax and Contents Insurance.
They will benefit from Life Insurance and a generous non-contributory pension scheme.
Estate Maintenance Person:
Hours 8am to 4.30pm
Days Monday to Friday
23 days annual holiday plus 9 statutory holidays
The role is largely part time, with normally low hours required when the Lodge is unoccupied and no holiday cottage assistance is required.
For at least half the year – 7 hours per week
For the other half of the year, weekly hours are expected to be in the region of 30 to 45 hours per week.
Total annual hours are expected to be around 856 or an average of 16 hours per week – but this is variable as above.
Job Number: 97616
Start: February 2022
Consultant: Lesley Jones