Greycoat Lumleys are seeking a Couple in the Scottish Highlands, 1 hour north of Inverness. The main duties are Gardening and Housekeeping.
The Gardener is to carry out the day-to-day up-keep of the gardens on two Estates (within very close proximity) , the Gardeners will be run in an efficient and effective manner, working closely with the Estate Manager and the House Manager.
The Housekeeper will carry out the day-to-day housekeeping and cleaning of the Estate properties, with responsibility for housekeeping and upkeep of the holiday lets on the Estate, and housekeeping for the Principal’s properties..
This Estate has a great sense of community and it is very important that the Couple can join the team in a rural setting where many of the employees live and work on the estate. The Gardener must be proactive and self-motivated and able to manage and motive the General Gardener.
Gardener Duties include:
- Carry out all aspects of ground maintenance and gardening in-keeping with good horticultural practice to a high standard, this includes having good plant/shrub knowledge, with experience in this field.
- Carry out planned and timetabled seasonal maintenance, including mowing, planting, weeding, pruning and hedge cutting etc.
- Set out and maintain formal gardens, including operations on fine turf and decorative beds.
- Use and maintain a full range of horticultural equipment to include ride on machinery and be part of the grass cutting/ shrub maintenance team.
- Plan and maintain a kitchen garden for the main house, with a selection of fruit, vegetables and herbs to be available all year round.
- Make use of greenhouses in producing bedding plants, vegetables, fruit, etc. as required.
- Ensure ditches, drains, ponds are maintained all year round.
- Adhere to health and safety standards.
Housekeeper Duties include:
- Housekeeping and cleaning of holiday lets and owner family properties, including regular/ weekly changeovers and scheduled deep cleans.
- Work with the House Manager and other housekeeping staff to deliver a high quality service, with excellent attention to detail and strong organisational skills, in all aspects of the role.
- Provide high quality service to guests, including daily housekeeping/ cleaning duties, table service including serving evening meals, and changeovers.
- Undertake laundry and ironing for the properties, as required.
- Report any faults or damages or stock that needs replenished.
Additional duties may be expected from time to time as the Employer reasonably requires
A current driver's licence is essential to carry out the duties for both roles.
Hours: Hours of work are 40 hours per week, with flexibility according to the seasons. Occasional weekend work will be a requirement of the role.
Benefits: Accommodation is provided to a very high standard, however there is no obligation to live on the Estate.
Consultant: Lesley Jones