A private family with a summer property in Marbella are seeking a new Domestic couple to replace their existing couple who Greycoat placed 18 years ago. The positions is full time in Marbella but sometimes the family may ask the successful couple to fly privately to the UK for specific events.
This is a unique semi-formal role where candidates will be given the opportunity and freedom to change the operational aspects of the household if they so wish.
The property has 7 bedrooms 3 of which are reserved solely for guests of the family and 4 of which are family bedrooms. The role is offered as a live in position with good staff accommodation which includes a private entrance, lounge area and kitchenette. The family use the property for roughly 50% of the year but only during the summer months is it truly a busy household.
The successful candidates would need to speak fluent English, have experience working for families as a domestic couple and be able to fulfil the following daily duties when the family are in residence.
- Daily driving (both candidates should drive)
- Daily shopping
- Assist the Live out Housekeeper
- Service at table as required – drinks service
- Serving water and wine at table
- Serving plated food from the kitchen
- Daily cooking for the family (a variety of good tasty homely food not Michelin level chef)
- Sometimes three courses
- Needs a confident cook with a good repertoire who can provide a variety of world cuisine's especially Asian and Mediterranean
- Bookkeeping and account management
- Build relationships with local restaurants to ensure the best table reservations
- Show the utmost respect and care for the families guests and other employees
The client would like a couple to start potentially in the New Year but is open to candidates starting before this. There would be a detailed handover from the existing candidates lasting potentially 2 months which would be overseen by one of the daughters of the family.
This is an opportunity to work for a very respectful employer who invests in the skills and training of their employees and know that this is a worthy investment.
The family employ multiple staff including gardeners and a live out housekeeper at this property and the main principal has a private driver who has worked for him for the last 25 years.
Speaking Spanish is advantageous but not a pre – requisite for this role.
Candidate who successfully pass a first interview stage would be asked to travel to the UK and fulfil a cooking and service trial in an informal setting for the family who value the right attitude and a “get up and go mind-set” above all else. All expenses would be covered for this trial
JOB NUMBER: 95407
Please apply to Archie Mcclintock –email@example.com