Greycoat Lumley's client are seeking a professional Housekeeper and All Rounder Couple to work in their country home near Perth, Scotland. The property is set in a rural location but with easy access into Perth and surrounding villages.
Housekeeper duties include:
- Cleaning and presentation of the house to a very high standard
- Understanding of care required for antiques and other delicate items
- Laundry and ironing
- Flower arranging
- Receiving mail and parcels
- Answering the door and welcoming guests
- On occasion preparing and serving morning coffee, lunch, afternoon tea for the clients and guests. Dinner / supper as required
- Occasional informal cooking. Must be confident with simple cooking and baking
- Assisting with larger dinner parties and events when required
- Ordering groceries and household supplies
- Responsible for the security of the property
- Overseeing maintenance contractors
- Gardening - weeding, strimming, pruning etc. Able to work under the direction of other garden professionals
- Maintaining vegetable garden
- Keeping the grounds tidy, sweeping, strimming, dealing with rubbish
- Chauffeuring duties as required
- Keeping log fires stocked and cleaned
- Car washing / valeting
Care of two large dogs is required as a shared duty.
The candidates must be willing to perform some ad hoc duties and travel between the clients’ country and city residences. They must have good time management and be capable of working unsupervised. The ideal Couple will be good team players with a flexible attitude towards duties as the role evolves. It is important that the candidates are friendly, discrete and non-smokers. Both must be able to drive.
Hours: 40 hours per week
Days: Monday to Friday with some weekend working required. Flexibility around days and hours is required. The hours and duties will vary with the seasons, being longer in the summer months and when the clients are in residence.
Accommodation: 2 bedroom attractive separate accommodation is provided. Utilitiy bills and Council tax are paid by the Principal. Accommodation is not suitable for dependants or pets.
Salary: is negotiable, in the region of £50,000 to - £60,000 GPA
Car provided for work purposes only
Job Number: 96498