Greycoat Lumleys are seeking an experienced Domestic couple to manage a private property and provide domestic service for a well-connected family in South Dakota.
Candidates should demonstrate experience in Domestic service either as a couple or individually and be able to manage exterior contractors. They should also have the drive and willingness to be hands on and take responsibility for day to day maintenance tasks.
The principals are very approachable, kind and respectful of their staff and hope to employ people who will take ownership of their own routines and manage their own daily activities. This well motivated and self-reliant duo would then allow the lady of the house especially more time to spend with her two school aged children. The gentleman of the house has a keen interest in gardening so any experience with garden maintenance is highly regarded.
Dinner time seems to be the biggest part of the day, but the family eat early and clean up can usually be done by 7PM. Occasionally the family entertain or run charity fundraiser's, on these occasions Catering services are outsourced.
Insurance and benefits could be a possibility as well if some of their qualifications align..
The family need people who are self-starter and someone who can find or see what needs to be done. For instance organizing a pantry or cabinet or cleaning the kids' shoes. All things the lady of the house currently does herself. The lady of the house does not want to stop what she is doing to find things for staff to do so there is a real opportunity for a couple who are self-reliant and able to manage their own time to provide the family with more time to enjoy their own.
- A 5 day working week (with the flexibility required of private service)
- $150,000 Gross combined starting salary
- Some additional benefits may be
- Good standard live in accommodation
- Only American citizens will be considered
- Vacation: 2 weeks paid w an additional week available for personal time as necessary w/ reasonable notice prior to absence for planned time away from work.
Duties to include but not limited to the following:
- Light meal planning and kitchen management/cleaning
- Preparation and serving,
- Grocery shopping,
- Assisting with household management to include ordering supplies or other items as directed
- Errand running,
- Light grounds upkeep not covered by landscapers,
- Light cleaning,
- Research requests,
- Taking family members to and from destinations,
- Project management for household improvements and activities.
- Supervisory roles providing direction to third party service providers.
Travel: from time to time either as a result of the family's temporary relocation you may be expected to accompany the family to conduct your duties. Infrequently, you may be assigned to travel to one of the homes in to carry out specified work. These individual trips would be short in nature. All travel costs would be covered.
Duties and activities involving the family should remain strictly confidential and you may be required to sign a confidentiality agreement. Drug use is not permitted and alcohol consumption is prohibited while on duty. The employer maintains the right to request drug and background screening at the time of employment and periodically thereafter with or without notice.
Uniform: a uniform for daily seasonal wear will provided. Tattoos and other visible markings or distracting jewelry are generally not to be visible while on duty.
This is a brand new role.
To apply please send your CV to Archie McClintock firstname.lastname@example.org
JOB ID: 96222