One of our clients, an extremely private family based in Singapore, has a job for a Household Management Couple, The main requirement for the role is that the Couple speak both Mandarin and Bahasa, so it is essential that applicants have this.
The role is a very attractive opportunity and the successful Couple will be working and living closely (it's a live-in role) with the principals and their family who live in an exclusive area of Singapore. Accommodation is provided for the Couple, which is situated on site but separate from the main house. It is, like the main house, built to an incredibly high specification. The overall role for the Couple will be to ensure that the household and the lives of the principals run smoothly and with a service and level to which they expect. The Couple will work closely with the principals and will be come their second hands. This will involve management of the staff and the property and communication with all parties. The principals are passionate about Asian cuisine and also enjoy tending to their private gardens on the property. Ideally the Couple will share these interests and be able to cook for them and help them in the garden as well.
The role in more detail:
- Day to day management of the property.
- Running the house in all aspects from overseeing the housekeeping, to the kitchen and ensuring that it always looks at its best.
- Managing the staff in the property on a daily basis. These include Chauffeurs, Housekeepers, Tutors, Gardeners and Kitchen Assistants.
- Management of the team includes the writing of rosters and rotas for the team.
- Housekeeping and maintaining the standards required by the principals throughout the house. In addition to this, leading the way on the Housekeeping and being a mentor and manager to the Housekeepers within the team.
- Carrying out house maintenance and overseeing the contractors that are required to do larger tasks such as construction or landscaping.
- Planning the menus with the kitchen team.
- Cooking "family style" food when required.
- Planning the family events.
- Procurement of the fresh ingredients from the local markets.
- Guaranteeing a safe and comfortable overseas itinerary for the principals. This would include packing and unpacking of appropriate travel outfits and necessities that the principals require for their trips.
- Providing floral arrangements and decorative table arrangements.
- Helping in the garden and taking an active interest in the garden.
You, as a Couple are:
- Confident and capable of working with one another. You don't need to be a Couple, but must have worked together before and be happy to do so, and happy to support one another in this role.
- Fluent in both Mandarin and Bahasa. This is essential to communicate with the principals as well as the members of the staff that you will be managing.
- Experienced at managing a team of staff. These will be people of different backgrounds and with different job roles and skill sets, and you must feel happy with the diversity of your team.
- Strong in a Housekeeping role - going as far to say you are "top-notch".
- Able to carry out house maintenance by yourself.
- Have a perfectionist mentality to maintain the Standard Operating Procedures to the letter.
- Able to take enjoyment in food and the menu planning.
- Happy to source in the local markets for the right food required for the menus.
- Capable of planning events and take pleasure in organising the right sort of event that befits the occasion.
- Creative and able to make decorations for the house and have an eye for detail.
- Adaptable because this role has any facets to it.
- Highly organised and able to sort out and carry out many tasks at once.
- Confident with cooking "family-style" Chinese food.
- Passionate about gardening and plants and take an active interest in that field.
- Able to hold conversations with the Principals, particularly in regards to their interests.
Is this you?
- You must have a proven record in Private Household Management.
- You will be excited for such a role and the opportunity to work with a great family such as this.
- You are fluent in both languages.
- You are looking for your next challenge and this has just piqued your interest.
If this is the case, please get in contact with us.
Salary: £140,000 gross per annum, which is £111k net per annum (this is once you have taken into account the deductions that are applied in Singapore).
Accommodation: 5* live in accommodation provided on site.
Responsible Consultant - Diana Cheal - firstname.lastname@example.org