A very interesting year round position in the Swiss Alps has become available. This will suit a professional Household management duo with experience who speak fluent French or German and English.
A housekeeper cook will have the same responsibilities as a housekeeper but with the extra responsibility of preparing meals for the household and a keen interest in cooking. Special attention is paid to serving nutritious and healthy family meals and cook would also be asked to prepare and cook for dinner parties and when the family are entertaining.
The Principals are not often in the property but when in residence will require undivided attention. This is largely at Christmas and New Year but the Principals can be expected to be in the property maximum 1.5 months of the year.
Standard Duties include:
- Preparing and serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Clearing away, tidying and cleaning the kitchen and rooms where food is eaten.
- Presenting menus for approval and discussing daily requirements with employer, house manager or butler.
- Dealing with grocery shopping and maintaining accounts and budgets
- Placing orders for kitchen supplies
- Maintaining stock control
- Keeping kitchen pots, pans and work surfaces clean and in good condition
- Ensuring refrigerator is clean and out-of-date items discarded
- Tidying and cleaning bathrooms, bedrooms and living areas
- Polishing brass and silver, antiques, and fine furniture
- Cleaning windows
- Collecting, washing and ironing laundry. Hand washing delicate items
- Arranging for dry-cleaning
- Answering door and telephone
- Keeping patios, pathways and steps clean and tidy
- Watering household plants
- Handling petty cash and debit cards
- Dealing with tradesmen, suppliers and contractors
- Managing security alarms
- Carrying out any other tasks that the employer may reasonably ask
Owning consultant; Archie McClintock, email@example.com
Swiss National or Residency would be ideal but not essential.