Greycoat Lumleys' client are seeking a Cook Housekeeper and Gardener Handyman for their property near Edinburgh. This is a wonderful opportunity to live and work on a stunning estate with easy access to Edinburgh, Fife and surrounding areas. The Cook Housekeeper would provide high quality cooking for the Principals (a couple) and to also assist the Private Housekeeper in ensuring that the Private Quarters are kept impeccably clean and secure at all times.
- To undertake cooking for the Principals on a daily basis
- To cook for their family and friends as needed
- This will include but is not limited to the Family Christmas visit, Edinburgh Festival and Shooting parties, Spring and Autumn lunches for up to twenty guests
- To ensure that all private kitchens are kept clean and tidy at all times
- To manage weekly budget, planning of menus and stock control so as to minimise ad hoc purchasing and multiple shopping
- To cover the daily tasks when the Private Housekeeper is off duty
- Housekeeping tasks will include cleaning of fire places, vacuuming, dusting, bed making, washing ironing of table linen and the care of china, crystal and silver
- To assist in looking after the Principals personal laundry, ironing and dry cleaning requirements
- To liaise with the Private Housekeeper to provide care for the dogs when the Principal is unable to do so
- To maintain a good and co-operative relationship with all staff working at the property to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the house, the estate and the business
- To take on other duties as assigned by the Principal or their representatives.
- Opening and closing shutters when the Caretaker and Private Housekeeper are off duty or as required every other weekend.
- The Private Housekeeper stands in for the Cook/Assistant Housekeeper on her days off and when she is on holiday. Equally the roles are reversed when the Private Housekeeper is on holiday
- Grounds and property maintenance
Responsible Consultant: Lesley Jones
Job Number: 92140
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: £40,000 GPA
Hours: 40 hrs per week
Days: 5 days per week to include some weekends
Accommodation: 2 bedroom cottage within the estate inclusive of council tax