We are working with a fabulous school which has been involved in boarding since 1525, at the heart of their education lies the pastoral care of their pupils whether they be boarding or day pupils, and no matter how long they are there. They are seeking to appoint a Deputy Chef Manager (Executive Sous Chef) to join their Catering Team.
Reporting to and working with the Executive Chef Manager, the successful candidate is expected to have experience in managing a team of Chefs and Assistants to achieve high standards of food and customer service.
The successful candidate will collaborate with the Executive Chef Manager and Events Coordinator and Deputise in his/her absence in line with the industry standard of an Executive Sous Chef.
In exchange for your enthusiasm and commitment the School offers an extensive and generous reward package including:
• A generous salary with the opportunity for further progression.
• Assistance with subsidised accommodation
• Standard 5 day working weeks with some weekend cover
• Flexible “family friendly” standard working shifts with no split shifts
• Opportunity for further training
• Meals whilst on duty
• Generous employer contribution Pension scheme
• Free access to on-site facilities, including gym, sports course and swimming pool
• Being part of a supportive and friendly community
- The Deputy Chef Manger will have a wide and varied role and he/she will embrace the School ethos and be prepared to go beyond the call of duty when required.
- Deliver creative and on trend food for pupil socials, match teas and academic lunches.
- Manage a food purchasing budget to ensure we remain on target each term.
- Ensure compliance with all food hygiene and H & S regulations, including the Allergen Policy.
- Project a professional image and be positive and friendly with pupils and clients.
- Enjoy working and being creative in the kitchen and have previous experience in doing so.
- Work well within a team.
- Feel confident at managing others and setting tasks for team members to do.
- Have a flexible and adaptable attitude to work.
- Are able to get stuck into a role and will always give it your all.
If this is something you are interested in or perhaps haven't thought of schools before, please do get in touch and have a chat! We are always looking for fantastic applicants to join the team.
Hours: Full-Time (40 hours per week)
- Up to £25,500 dependent upon skills and experience
Responsible Consultant: Kelly B