Our client is a prep school in Oxfordshire where boys can still very much be boys, all set in a family friendly atmosphere. By setting the bar high, boys who attend the school gain entry to the top UK senior schools including Eton, Harrow, Winchester, Wellington, Charterhouse, Bradfield, and Stowe, they know that boys of this age have a natural spark and individuality about them, and believe these are qualities that should be celebrated throughout their time at prep school. They are looking for a Deputy Head of Boarding to join their team in September or this could potentially be delayed until January. Please do get in touch if you this this role fits your skill set.
- In conjunction with the Head of Boarding, responsibility for compliance with the National Minimum Boarding Standards and the upkeep of the self-assessment toolkit.
- Co-ordination of hand-over books and minutes from boarding meetings with assistant house parents and assistant matrons.
- The Deputy Head of Boarding is responsible to the Headmaster’s Wife but also supports the Head of Boarding and the House Parents in their respective roles.
- She is responsible for the assistant house parents and assistant matron teams (who all report to her).
- The Deputy Head of Boarding also meets with the Headmaster’s Wife once a week together with the School Nurse. If any of the assistant house parents or assistant matrons wish to meet with the Headmaster’s Wife privately, this can also be arranged.
- The Deputy Head of Boarding trains and oversees the assistant house parents and the assistant matrons and their duties, setting and supervising the boys’ routines in the boarding houses and at mealtimes.
- The Deputy Head of Boarding draws up the duty rota each term for herself and the assistant house parents and assistant matrons.
- Most importantly the Deputy Head of Boarding, the assistant house parents and assistant matrons keep in close contact with the House Parents, the Headmaster’s Wife, the Second Master, the Deputy Head (Pastoral), Tutors, and Form Teachers in all that concerns the boys. They all work as a team, being punctual, keeping the work rooms tidy and being pleasant to the boys and staff.
- You are an experienced matron/housemistress ready to take on the next step
- Are someone who is happy to mould yourself around the role and fit in with the ethos of the school
- Are happy to get stuck in and be a major part of the pastoral care team
- Have experience of leading and managing a team
- You provide a sympathetic presence in the boarding houses.
- Are sensitive to those who are having difficulties coping with school life.
- Able to liaise closely with other relevant staff concerning the progress and welfare of boys. To ensure the hygiene and tidiness of the boys as well as their general manners.
For more details, a full job specification can be sent over to applicants
Start: September 2021
Salary: £25,000-£30,000GPA depending on experience
Accommodation: Furnished 1 bedroom flat provided, all electricity, heating and hot water is also provided year round. All meals are provided free during term time only, inclusive of the days worked at the start and end of each term. It is expected that she will reside overnight in the flat during all term time nights.
Responsible Consultant: Kelly B Kellyb@greycoatlumleys.co.uk