We are delighted to be working with this co-ed secondary independent boarding and day School of 880 pupils set in a sublime environment. They have an exciting opportunity for 3 kitchen and pantry porters to join their Kitchen and Food Services Team. If you feel like you would enjoy working in beautiful surroundings and would like to be part of a team of people who care and look out for eachother then we would be delighted to hear from you.
- To provide and maintain exemplary standards of hygiene, cleanliness and tidiness within a safe Kitchen/Pantry environment, in compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act and Food Safety Act 1990 supporting the department in their provision of high-quality service.
- To maintain departmental standards of hygiene and cleanliness as per the Food Safety Manual and cleaning schedules.
- To carry out all aspects of food service and customer liaison, maintaining appropriate stock levels of catering products in the servery and pantry areas.
- To unlock the servery areas and prepare the servery and pantry washup areas in readiness for meal times. To assist with the locking and securing of the servery and pantry areas at the end of the day.
- To comply with all legislative and departmental requirements as per the departmental Food Safety Manual relating to Health, Hygiene and Safety and reporting any incidents to the leadership team.
- Report immediately all damages, breakdowns, defects to equipment, utensils and fabric of working environment to the leadership team or using the Taskman maintenance reporting system.
- To adopt a responsible and caring approach to all aspects of the job.
- To assist in the unloading and storing of department deliveries as required.
- To assist with boarding house deliveries as required.
- To work within the team to ensure all departmental service requirements are met in full.
- Carry out any other tasks as requested by the management team.
- To (along with all food services staff) be present and available for large school events and works with a degree of flexibility within a rota system. Overtime may be required at busy times, this will be given back as time in lieu.
A full job description can be sent upon request
Hourly rate - £10.30
Hours of Work – An average of 40 hours per week, 52 weeks per year:
Working a shift pattern with alternate weekends off. An example of the shift patterns are as follows:
Early Shift: 7:00am – 3.00pm
Late Shift: 12:00pm – 8.00pm
Responsible Consultant: Kelly B (KellyB@greycoatlumelys.co.uk)