(93872) Closing date for all applications is 30th June 2021
Our client is looking for a dynamic, committed and inspirational person to lead the strategic development of boarding at their Somerset located school. You will be responsible for creating a nurturing and safe environment for our 110 boarders and ensuring that our boarding provision is compliant with current inspection legislation and meets the needs of 21st century boarders.
The successful candidate will be an experienced manager with a strong level of knowledge and understand of safeguarding. You will need one of the following:
- experience of working at middle leadership level in the care sector
- a minimum of three years’ experience as a Housemaster/Housemistress
- experience as Assistant Head of Boarding
- currently employed as Head of Boarding
- To provide students with an exceptional care experience that supports and enhances their academic, social and emotional development.
- To inspire, lead and support staff in providing an exceptional boarding environment and experience for students
- To lead on Boarding Development
- To lead on staffing and organisation of all the schools Boarding provisions.
- To develop and embed excellence across the Boarding provision.
- To develop the ethos of an outstanding State Boarding provision integrated into a successful and ambitious comprehensive school.
- To play a key role within the Senior Leadership and Safeguarding Team.
- Have excellent knowledge of safeguarding requirements
- Excellent knowledge of current Ofsted inspection framework
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of National Minimum Standards
- Knowledge of risk assessments and care plans
- Ability to direct, inspire and motivate others including the ability to hold people accountable
- Highly developed interpersonal skills including influencing skills
- Ability to think analytically and logically
- Ability and willingness to work flexibly and to adapt to the needs of a situation
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work and communicate with young people
- Ability to work in a way that promotes the safety and wellbeing of children and young people
- Must be able to drive
- Possess a positive and sympathetic philosophy towards working in a Church of England boarding school
- Value the contribution that each individual brings to the school community
- A commitment to providing all young people with an exceptional educational and boarding experience
- Respect and value diversity and promote equality
- Promote and model mutual respect
For more details, a full job specification can be sent over to applicants
Start: September 2021
Closing date: 30th June 2021
Salary: £45,000-£50,000 GPA depending on experience
Accommodation: Provided on site along with free meals
Responsible Consultant: Kelly B (email@example.com)