Estate Handyman Job Shropshire
A returning client of Greycoat Lumleys is looking for a skilled individual who will be based on a private estate in North Shropshire, just outside of Shawbury.
- General maintenance which should include painting and decorating, a basic understanding of plumbing, carpentry skills, fencing and a good practical understanding of property upkeep.
- Tractor driving on a busy arable farm especially at harvest time with long hours to be expected. Experience not essential but must have a practical attitude towards learning, and be able to work with software.
- PA1 & PA2 or some spraying experience would be an advantage but not essential.
- Assisting with airport runs, driving and chauffeuring for the owners.
- Looking after estate and private vehicles
- The possibility of assisting the Gardeners and Gamekeepers as needed during busier periods.
- Some woodland maintenance may be required, ability to utilise a chainsaw would be an advantage.
- Looking after a small number of chickens and ducks.
- Some weekend work would be required during busy times
The successful candidate will possess the following skills.
- Be able to show that you are competent in painting and decorating, carpentry, plumbing and other basic general estate maintenance skills.
- An agricultural background would be beneficial but not essential
- A practical ability with a “can do” attitude is essential.
- Excellent timekeeping, flexibility and attention to detail.
- Must work well as part of a team and independently.
- Communicate clearly and competently with the owners, manager and estate staff.
- Must be able to use your own initiative and carry out tasks unsupervised.
- To take pride in your work whilst able to remain neat and tidy doing so.
- Discretion is required at all times and a respectful attitude towards principals and property is necessary.
- A full driving license is required.
£25,000 - £30,000 gpa depending on experience
Contact Laura Harrall Managing Consultant for Shropshire 01298 600 414 email@example.com