Estate Manager Job
Greycoat Lumley’s client in Sutherland, Scotland are seeking an experienced Estate Manager for a large Private Estate. The estate is in a rural setting and offers an excellent way of living either for a single person, couple or family. There is a real sense of community on the estate and in the area.
This is an excellent opportunity to lead a well-established Estate in stunning surrounding with a large team of dedicated employees.
The Estate Manager will be responsible for the day to day activities on the Estate in conjunction with senior members of the Estate. They will have the responsibility for all employees and contractors alongside ensuring the Principal family and guests receive exceptional standards of service and hospitality in a safe and secure environment.
- First point of contact for day to day practical issues on the Estate
- Manage, lead and motivate the Estate team and contractors
- Deliver the sporting, amenity and maintenance plan
- Communication with internal and external contacts and stakeholders
- Ownership of property maintenance
- Estate representative or clerk of works on refurbishments and building projects across the Estate
- To ensure Health and Safety responsibilities are fulfilled
- Oversea the Fleet and Facilities Manager to ensure all machinery is well maintained, repaired and legally compliant with appropriate controls and paperwork being recorded
- Lead and support the Head Housekeeper with the seasonal needs of the sporting and lodge lettings and holiday cottage teams.
- Lead the Head Stalker and their team and to build strong and positive relationships
- Ensuring the security of the properties
- Build relationships with the local communities
- To lead and contribute to ad-hoc projects where required, using a hands-on and practical approach.
Essential skills, attributes and values
- Experience in managing tradesman, employees and property maintenance skills are essential.
- Experience of working on a private estate would be desirable and ideal, in addition to a time served trade and/or management qualification.
- A good working knowledge of IT and willingness to learn new systems in addition to the ability to communicate via email.
A full, valid driving license is essential
There is a need to occasionally work non-office hours, and working during weekends and evenings during the season regularly
Salary: Competitive + benefits
Accommodation: Rent free and Council Tax is covered by the estate.
Property on the estate.
Job Number: 89904
Start: ASAP (will wait for the right applicant)
Consultant: Lesley Jones