This school is a co-ed secondary independent boarding and day school set in a sublime environment within the Buckinghamshire countryside. They have an exciting new role for someone with experience in leading a team in food service and hospitality. They require an enthusiastic person to work closely with their front of house team ensuring service is smooth and well run.
They provide a range of services for the School including, Pupil meals, headmaster’s lunches, formal dinners, weddings and summer balls to name but a few. Their business is very varied, so if you enjoy a wide range of activity they may be what you are looking for. They are a busy department, so you’ll need plenty of energy and drive, as well as great people management skills.
The successful applicant will ideally have supervisory experience in a hospitality setting, be well organised and have very good customer service skills. You will be used to setting high standards, enjoy working as part of a team and sharing your ideas and experience.
They recognise it’s important to strike a work/life balance so their rota’s are based on 40 hours per week, 52 weeks per year and they can do these a term in advance so you can plan life! If you feel you have the right experience and skills for this role, we would love to hear from you!
Benefits of working at this school:
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- Free Laundered uniform
- Free meals, refreshments and onsite parking
- Pension contribution
- x2 salary Death in Service benefit
- Discounted School Fees – 50% across all Schools in the Stowe Group
- Annual Golf Membership for colleague and immediate family
- Use of School facilities – gym/swimming pool for colleague and family
- Free Flu vaccination
- Free eye test and contribution towards new glasses
- 10% discount in the School Shop
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Guaranteed Christmas / New Year off as the school is closed
- Weekly rota of 40 hours per week offering a great work/life balance
- To provide support and assistance with the supervision and running of the Food Services Team.
- To ensure the maintenance and delivery of a highly professional service, and personal standards of the Food Services Team whilst on duty.
- To provide support to the Department’s Management Team, taking a leading role in the food and beverage services provided to the School.
- To support all activities of the School that may require a food and hospitality service both during and outside term.
- Hold a basic food hygiene certificate
- Have a driving licence
- Have previous supervisory experience
- Are customer focussed
- Enjoy working as part of a small team
- Have food service experience
- Great eye for detail and high organisaional standards
Salary: £25,500 per annum
Hours of Work - An average of 40 hours per week, 52 weeks per year.
Working a shift pattern with alternate weekends off. An example of the shift patterns are as follows:
Early Shift: 6.45am - 2.30pm
Late Shift: 12.00 noon – 8.15pm *
*Every three weeks there is a break of Exeat weekend or Half Term and rotas can be planned for each term in advance to allow you to plan that important family time.
A degree of flexibility with working hours will be required at busy times. The rota pattern will be discussed at interview.