This school is a co-educational day and boarding prep school for children aged 7 to 13 which includes a nursery and pre-prep department for children aged 2 to 6. They uphold high standards of academic achievement as well as a very full range of co-curricular opportunities. It is a vibrant, busy and happy school with high expectations in all areas.
Set within 47 acres of beautiful Sussex countryside and hosting a number of outstanding facilities including an all-weather pitch, tennis courts, indoor swimming pool, nine-hole golf course and a number of well-maintained sports pitches.
The site comprises a number of impressive buildings including a modern classroom block, theatre, pre- prep and sports halls.
They are looking for a Gap Assistants to come and join their friendly and welcoming team.
- Help organise dormitories at the beginning of term, to include bed-making, board-backing, sign- making.
- Ensure all dormitories are well laid out and presented.
- Supervise wake up.
- Supervise meals.
- Supervise washroom and bedtimes.
- Ensure that information is disseminated to boarders through notices at mealtimes.
- Help oversee and arrange a programme of activities for boarders in the evenings/weekends.
- Escort children by train at exeats and half terms.
- Help in the laundry and dispensary when necessary.
- Actively promote boarding and make sure it has a high profile ie photographs/noticeboards.
- Liaise with teaching staff over academic and pastoral matters regarding individual boarders.
- Regularly meet with Houseparent and Assistant Houseparent.
- Undertake boarding administrative duties.
Hours: Agreed within the rota
Pay: £10,000 to £15,000GPA
Schedule: Work as part of a rota: daytime, evenings and overnight, principally at weekends
Start: September 2022
Responsible consultant: Kelly B E-mail